Wednesday, July 30, 2008

HaPPy 12th BiRTHDaY aNSLeY!!!

I can't believe it. It can't be true. Where has the time gone?

My baby girl is grown up...she is a "young woman". She is one year away from being a teenager. She is interested in clothes and hair and music and BOYS!!! Yikes. I pity the first boy who attempts to take her out on a date...imagine the poor boy coming face to face with Kyle at the front door. I look at Claire and it is like watching Ansley when she was a baby. I just can't believe 12 years have passed.
Ansley has been such a precious gift to us. She has been such an "easy" child. She has been the second mom to her brothers and sister and she is definitely my right-hand man. We would be lost without her. She is now old enough to babysit for us and other people's children and she does a great job. We are starting to see glimpses of teenager-like attitudes from her, but overall she is a wonderful daughter and sister. She is excited to be growing up and is thrilled to be going to Young Women's. I wish I was as happy about all of this as she is.
We had a little family birthday party for her on her actual birthday (24th) with her dinner of choice (chicken parmesan), cake & ice cream and presents. Last night, she had her party with her friends. She had 6 friends over for dinner, swimming and games. The party lasted late into the night (10:30...that is late for a 12 year old) and was a huge success. The girls had a lot of fun together, even when Kyle was able to sneak up on them outside in the dark and scare the crap out of all of them!
We love you Ansley!!! Thank you for all you do for our family and for the wonderful young woman that you are! We hope you had a great birthday!!


Front: Tahnee, Makendie, Ansley, Mary, Jessi
Back: Naomi, Lauren

Cute cupcakes that we made.

9 comments:

Half a dozen Gregersens said...

Happy Birthday Ansley!!!! Good luck with having a girl who is growning up...I am scared for mine to get any older. Don't you wish we could just freeze them at this age forever!!!!

Vicki said...

I love Ansley! What a great group of girls!

desi and family said...

Wow! Happy Birthday to Ansley! Looks like she had fun! I can't believe how fast time goes by and all of our kids are getting older and hopefully wiser(ha)!

Gerilyn said...

Looks like she had a fun party. What a fun group of girls. Ansley is such a sweet girl, not to mention gorgeous! All I have to say, is you better lock her up soon! Oh wait, when they see her dad, they will run! You might be ok after all!

Sherrie said...

Happy Birthday Ansley!! I agree I wished we could freeze them. I don't think you will have to worry about the boys they will be to scared to ask her out because of her Dad!!!! Your kids are so Cute!!!!! I couldn't believe how grown up your baby looked in church today!!!!!

Half a dozen Gregersens said...

Ok...so I am not sure if I say thank you for letting me borrow the books! I am hooked! I was just able to put it down after 3 hours cause my neck was hurting!!! Really....thank you. I love it so far. I am sure going to try and finish the first one before Mike gets home. We do not get the boys again until Thanksgiving. Big mess with his ex. I will have to tell you one day. Very sad. Tell Nate thank you for running over the books. You are the BEST! This is why I love living here. We have the greatest Friends.

Leslie said...

looks like such a fun birthday party. happy birthday ansley. i still remember when you were born. :)
i feel old.
by the way... thanks for the words of confidence about my hair karrin. i am liking it so far. i usually go through some withdrawals after cutting my hair at some point because i will see my long hair in photos... but so far, the only thing i miss is being able to put it in a pony tail. we will see how it goes. thanks again.

Lisa said...

hey. happy birthday to little ansley. i came across a picture of me (in better days) holding you when you were a babe. you were looking up at me with the sweetest look on your face. hard to believe that 12 years have passed. sometimes we parents feel like we need a big pause button.

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Ansley!! We are excited to have you in YW now! I'm loving those cupcakes--so cute!