Friday, November 14, 2008

*Sweetened Condensed October*

I am not sure why I have been in a blogging funk...but I have. Anyway, here is October. It was a very busy, but fun month with lots going on. I captured what I could and condensed the pictures down to some of my favorites. So, without further ado...October.


The Homecoming Parade... (I am pretty sure this was in Oct...maybe the end of Sept...not sure)
A BIG deal in a small town. I love this parade because of the very short parade route (the roundabout in the high school parking lot). The kids love it because of the HUGE amounts of candy thrown. The middle school cheerleaders participated, so we also got to wave to Ansley. Fun!

Lauren, Ansley, Karla, Lynae






Nate and his best buddy, Dennis.




*Halloween...

We had a great Halloween this year. The weather was great, the kids weren't sick, and we got to enjoy having family in town. Kyle parents came and stayed for a week. Also, Dave, LaNeace & Elle, and Andy, Janna & Miles came for the weekend.
We had a house full and it was a lot of fun!


The kids.

Eli "the cowboy", Josh "the football player", Nate "the alien",
Ansley "the...uh...girl with a mask?", and Claire "the ballerina".

Ansley and her posse.

Grandma and Grandpa/Alien at the trunk-or-treat.


Nate and the elusive cake-walk. He tried and tried, but never won. Our family did break a 3 year losing streak by winning 4 times!



Eli and Elle enjoying their winnings from the cake-walk.



Uncle Dave in costume at the trunk or treat. I don't get it.



Aunt Janna and Aunt LaNeace doing Ansley's hair for Halloween.


The cutest cowboy in town.


"Ballerina girl you are so

lovely..."

(This goes out to all you Lionel Richie fans out there!)




Family Fun...
The kids loved having everyone here to play with, the guys loved the 4-wheeler outings, and the girls even had some adventures of their own...which turned out to be much more exciting than we could have imagined (let's just there was a gun involved and possibly some kidnapping charges!). Some highlights were...Uncle Dave sleeping on the tramp with the boys, good food, basketball (at all hours of the night), Nate's football game, Halloween festivities, free haircut for Ans, holding baby Miles, and much more.



Nate's very own cheering section at his football game.


Elle and Eli watching a show together. They had so much fun together.


Uncle Dave comforting Nate after a practical joke gone a smidge too far.


Elle and Eli again. Too cute.


Uncle Kyle and Baby Miles. Adorable.



Random cuteness from October...

Nate thought it would be fun to make pomegranate juice for everyone. I don't think he realized how much time and how many pomegranates it would take. He spent all afternoon and ended up with about 2 cups of juice. We decided to make grenadine with the juice instead and we spiked some Sprite with it. It was yummy. He made a huge mess, but he cleaned it all up.


Claire got really sick right after Halloween. She ran a fever for days and ended up with both ears infected, strep throat, an eye infection and because of all that her platelet count dropped a lot. She was miserable and just wanted to be held. She loves Josh and he didn't mind cuddling her. I love this picture.



It is hard to get a good picture of Josh. He freezes up when he sees the camera. But I caught him!

Cute Claire at one of the 2 million football games we have been to this season.

Ansley cheering at a football game. She is in the back of the stunt group on the right.

Claire "holding" Eli and Josh.

The big kids were watching a movie one night and Claire just plopped down and watched with them. She thinks she is so big!

We got some rain several weeks ago and the boys went crazy! Not sure what Eli is doing here...showing where his horns might be?

Nate and Josh had a lot of fun playing football in the rain. Rain is so rare here and my kids think it is so fun and amazing.


Such a dork!



***Any-who...that was October. It was a lot of fun. Time is flying by and the holidays are upon us. I am sure it will be January before I blog again...kidding...kindof.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

well that was a fun posting. the kids are all so adorable! the one of josh & claire is too sweet. and nate & pomegranite juice? what on earth?! nice to have some visitors to shake things up a bit for your kids. you realize our problem with blogging, right? it is our marathon postings. they are always so huge that if there is a problem with them it would hurt too much to scrap them. we should do more of the little mini postings like most of the world.

Lauren said...

I was wondering if you gave up the blog! Looks like you guys had a great October. Your daughter is Ansley is so beautiful. You better watch out for those football players!!!

Vicki said...

I love the attempt at pomegranate juice, very funny!

Gerilyn said...

I loved that post and all the pictures! The one of Josh and Claire is so stinkin cute. I just love that little girl! I hope she is feeling all better

Leslie said...

looks like an eventful month.
your kids are getting so big. it is crazy.
i hope ansley is feeling better. poor little thing.
the pomagranite juice... bless his heart.

Jenna said...

Good to see your cute growing family again! Glad you are all well!