November started off with continued septic tank problems. Awesome! We got to tear up our yard (thanks to Ryan Wheeler & his tractor...we owe him big-time!), live without putting anything down the drains or toilets, and pay lots of $$$. We were at the mercy of our wonderful neighbors, Paul & Kathy Wheeler...they let us shower, use the toilet, wash clothes, etc. etc. Keep in mind that we are a family of 7!! This was a huge deal. They are awesome and I am not sure what we would have done without them. The septic is now fixed, but we are MUCH more aware of what & how much goes down our drains. It was very eye opening.
Veterans Day Parade. Kyle took the kids (I was SICK!!!) and they loved it. Josh even got to ride his bike in the parade with the Cub Scouts.
Eli lost his first tooth!!! Very exciting!
~THANKSGIVING~
This year, instead of going up north for Thanksgiving, we stayed home. We went into Vegas for Thanksgiving dinner with my brother, Ken and his family and my parents came up from Phoenix. Also, Cal and Cindy came. We had it at Ken's church, so there was plenty of room for the kids to run around and it was much easier than invading someone's house. We had a great meal and then hung out and played games. The kids had a blast. They missed going to Utah, but forgave us for not going when they ended up having so much fun. Dad & Ken getting the turkeys ready.
Claire & Grandpa watching the movie, "UP". See the package of rolls on the table? Claire convinced Auntie Cindy to give her the whole package. She carried it around all day!
Eli holding/mauling baby Logan.
Lots of boys having lots of fun in the gym.
*DECEMBER*
more...FOOTBALL
-Christmas Band Concert-
Nate is in band this year and has his first concert at Christmas. It was...ummmm...well...festive. Beginning band is great! Nate plays the trombone and doesn't love it. I don't love it either. I make him practice out in the garage.
Dennis, Nate and Tristan. Tristan got injured during the football tournament and Nate thought it was funny to wear his sling.
*Eli's Kindergarten Christmas Program*
These kids were so adorable. They sang a ton of songs and acted out many of them. They practiced and practiced and they did a great job. Eli wasn't feeling great and we found out later that day that he had Strep Throat, too! Surprise, surprise (again, sarcasm).
Attempt at a Christmas card photo.
The kids were ALL sick, but we needed a Christmas card photo, so off we went. I took over 100 pictures in 30 mins. The kids cooperated the best they could, but it was torture. These are a few of my favorites.
*CHRISTMAS*
We started off with a great Christmas Eve dinner with lots of our friends...the Wheelers, Sanduskys and Whitmores. Kyle made his famous soup and we all ate until we could eat no more! Plus, everyone brought delicious desserts. Good company and good food.
Kyle & I pretty much hit the nail on the head with each Christmas gift for the kids. The kids were thrilled with their gifts and it was a fun day. After opening presents and eating breakfast, we headed off the Overton to go paintball-ing with my brother, Ken and his family. My boys (including Kyle) were in heaven! They played for a couple hours while the girls watched. After paintball, we came home and had long naps and then pigged out on good food all night. It was a great day!
I took some pictures of Claire in her Christmas dress and fell in LOVE with this picture. Look at that heart-shaped mouth and blue eyes. Precious...if I do say so myself. I love this girl.



5 comments:
My favorite is the picture of Ansley on Christmas morning. You captured "the dream come true". How fun to be that person. Enjoy, enjoy. Your family is perfect, as are you. From the President of the Karrin Cox Fan club.
i think you can, i think you can, i think you can. catch up, that is. cute family photos and awesome football ones too! glad to have evidence that you are still alive down there. (is it 'down'?)
It's about time, woman! I was beginning to think you were done with blogging. That picture of Claire is absolutely perfect! I love it! Hey, where can I sign up to be part of the Cox fanclub? I guess I'll call Kathy Wheeler!
Oh Miss Karrin!! I LOVE your blog!! Thanks for updating! You have a beautful family!! I'm sure there is NEVER a dull moment! I'm so glad that I get to visit with you every now and again at Costco! Thanks for humoring me and filling me in on all the happenings! You are amazing! Tske care!!
Love ya, Brenda :)
did you add more pics? cause i don't remember some of these. the pic of claire on the bike at christmas looks just like josh!!!!! never thought that before!! cute pics...even the septic truck.
Post a Comment