Thursday, July 12, 2007

DREAMS DO COME TRUE...


After decades of being a "superfan" to a team who usually didn't deserve him...one of Kyle's San Diego Charger "dreams" has come true. Kyle has always wanted an "authentic" Chargers jersey. He has never bought one because they are VERY expensive, but when the Chargers decided to change their jerseys for the 2007 season, Kyle saw his chance. He was able to purchase one from the 2006 season for very cheap. He is like a kid with a new toy. He tries it on 3 or 4 times a day and just looks at it. Then he takes it off, carefully folds it, and puts it away. He hasn't worn it out yet and the tags are still on it...for Pete's sake. I will assume that this will be his "good" jersey. Since he wears a jersey everyday, I am guessing that this will be the one he reserves for special occasions like Chargers games and our anniversary. I am so glad he finally got his authentic jersey (not that I knew what that even meant a week ago) and hopefully someday, we will hit the jackpot and he will be able to buy an "authentic game worn" jersey. Apparently, those are even better. Love you honey!!! GO BRONCOS!!!



Kyle in his jersey in Nate's "Chargers" room. (Yes, he has been weightlifting again and yes, he is the size of a NFL player.)

0 comments: