Hip Hip Hooray!
Kyle and his friend, Greg spent 2 days setting the trusses and sheeting the roof. It was very hard, tedious, back-breaking work. And to top it all off, it was BLAZING HOT (around 110 degrees)! It has been my job to keep them hydrated and feed them. I also had to help them set the gable truss (for those who don't know...I didn't know until 5 days ago...that is the front truss) because they covered it in plywood before setting it and it was incredibly HEAVY! I probably wasn't much help, but it was hard and my arm muscles are still screaming! It took us a total of an hour and a half to get the gable truss in place and nail it in place. After that, I was done with construction and Kyle and Greg spent the remainder of the day setting the rest of the trusses. I don't know what we would have done without Greg's help. He actually knows what he is doing and has been here almost everyday he has been off of work. He also excepts payment in the form of sandwiches and Gatorade! We are blessed to have such a good friend!All the trusses set after a very hard day's work!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment