Friday, October 3, 2008

eye BLACK!

So, my older kids always have things that I tell them to keep put up and out of reach of the little ones. They rarely listen. Well, a few weeks ago, I bought Nate some eye black for football. It is in a tube just like lipstick, only black. I told him to keep it up. Well, Eli found it and decided that Claire would make a lovely canvas. He really needs an outlet for all his artistic creativity. He came crying to me and saying, "I don't want this black stuff on me." He has a few black smudges on his stomach. I starting freaking. He led me to Claire. She has definitely gotten the worst of it. He told me that Claire had done this. I was in such shock that I actually believed him. I calmed down, assessed the damage, and took some video and pictures. I threw them (not literally...though I wanted to) into the bathtub and started scrubbing the carpet. I then decided to send Kyle a picture on his cellphone (he always misses all the fun). I noticed then that there was no way Claire could have drawn circles on her own face and lines down both of her own arms. Eli confessed. He was repentant. Claire apparently just stood there and let him draw all over her. He is a good boy...he is a good boy...he is a good boy...he is a good boy (my mantra). Eye black comes off of skin, out of clothes, but does stain carpet...FYI.

TOO CUTE TO BE MAD AT!!! Darn it.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow! She looks like she's ready to play football! Good luck with the carpet :(

Gerilyn said...

Oh my gosh- I was laughing so hard at this post...just because it was your kid and not mine! I can't believe she just let him do that to her! Just keep telling yourself Eli is a good boy!

Half a dozen Gregersens said...

I am laughing so hard right now that I can hardly see the screen.....It's so funy when it is someone else who wants to kill their little ones. She looks so cute. Eli is very artistic. LOL!!!!

Half a dozen Gregersens said...

Thank you so much for sharing last night. You are such an amazing woman and mother and so many of us look up to you. Thanks for the bottom of my heart!

Vicki said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I bet you had fun cleaning that up!

Leslie said...

hey. i just played catch up reading your blog.
happy anniversary. and if you haven't gone private already, then i want an invitation for sure.
this eye black stuff is funny to the rest of us, but totally understandable why the mom would be upset. :)
hope you get it out of the carpet in the future.
love ya... when are you guys coming up for a visit?

Lisa said...

wow. that is worse than i pictured! but strangely, she still looks adorable! i guess you can tell by your feed that we did indeed make it to hong kong. take care!

Sherrie said...

Thanks, I needed a laugh today!!!! I almost fell off my chair I was laughing so hard. It is fun to see what trouble other darling little children get into!!!! Its to hard to get upset with a face like that!!!!! Hope the clean up wasn't to bad!!!!!