Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm it.

I've been tagged. I have never participated in a tag before (because I am lazy), but I thought this would be interesting and challenging. So here goes...100 things you may or may not know about me.

1. I was born in Colorado. We lived there until I was 9, when we moved to Utah.
2. I am the 4th of 5 kids. I have 1 older sister, 2 older brothers, and 1 younger brother.
3. I am completely addicted to Diet Pepsi (and have been for years)!! I am a slave to it's carbonated, caffeinated goodness!!
4. I always knew I wanted 5 kids and here I am with five kids.
5. I am always tired. Maybe it is my thyroid...or maybe it is because I have 5 kids.
6. After 2 days of dating Kyle, I knew I loved him and I knew I would marry him.
7. I was 19 when I got married. I was just a baby!!
8. Our first child was born 42 weeks after we were married. Do the math.
9. We were going to wait to have kids, but our sealer in the temple told us NOT to wait. So, we threw caution to the wind.
10. I worked in a car dealership for 3 years. I know the ins and outs of the car business. They are all thieves.
11. I met Kyle while working in that car dealership. He was hired as a salesman. I made fun of him with my co-workers. 3 months later we were dating!!
12. I play the piano...a very little. I took lessons several times when I was kid, but repeatedly quit.
13. When I was in 6th and 7th grade, I was on a jump rope team. What I wouldn't give to be able to jump rope for a straight hour again.
14. I played volleyball in school.
15. I am a Denver Broncos fan. I was born that way. (see #1)
16. My sister in 15 years older than me, but when I was little, we shared a bed. Poor her.
17. I HATE melon. Melon of any kind. It makes me physically ill. HATE IT!
18. I wear flip-flops every single day.
19. I was registered to go to SUU after I graduated from high school. I went to orientation weekend, payed my tuition, met my roommates....then I didn't go. I met Kyle. Enough said.
20. I love houseplants, but I kill them. I just can't keep them alive.
21. After we were married, I worked at ZCMI. I was barely pregnant and very sick. I slept in the storeroom on my breaks.
22. As newlyweds, we were poor. We used to "shop" at Kyle's parents' house when they weren't home.
23. I tell my best friend, Lisa, everything. She knows it all.
24. I dream of spending weeks in Europe...seeing everything. Someday.
25. I enjoy learning. I regret not taking advantage of all the opportunities I had to learn. Someday I will go back to school...just to learn stuff.
26. My middle name is Melissa.
27. My nickname (amongst my family) is Missy and/or Missy Pie.
28. I am very particular about what I name my kids. Their names can't start with the same letter, sound the same in any way, rhyme with each other, or end in a sound that doesn't sound well with our last name. I am very picky about that.
29. A couple of months before I got married, I was in a head on collision with a semi truck on a highway. My new car was totaled and the semi was severely damaged. I walked away with minor injuries.
30. My favorite candy is Peanut Butter Twix and Peanut Butter M&M's.
31. My drivers license has been suspended. It all stemmed from getting a ticket for doing 95 mph in a 55 mph zone. Throw in a couple of seat belt tickets and you have yourself a lot of points!
32. I haven't had a ticket in 13 years (neither has Kyle).
33. When I was little, I sucked on my hair and shirt sleeves. Gross habit.
34. I LOVE to read. I will read darn near anything, just to have something to read.
35. My favorite book is East of Eden by John Steinbeck.
36. I did NOT like "Breaking Dawn". I hated it, actually. Sorry to those who loved it.
37. I love to bake. I make great cookies and brownies. I have had lots of practice.
38. I have had a warrant out for my arrest. Not as dangerous as it sounds.
39. I dated the same guy all 3 years in high school. What was I thinking? I finally got wise half way through my senior year and starting dating other people (on the sly). We broke up right before I graduated.
40. I have issues with short-term memory loss. I can't remember a name or phone number for more than 3 seconds.
41. I like road trips. Kyle does not.
42. I get carsick if I sit in the backseat.
43. I am a reality TV junky.
44. TiVO has changed my life. No commercials.
45. I like helping Kyle build things. I stink at it, but I like it.
46. I have very curly hair. I have been fighting it my whole life. I would love to have straight hair. I dream of it.
47. I would like breast augmentation, but I would never do it because I would be the one in a million that would die during surgery. Then my widower of a husband and motherless children would have to tell people that I died getting boobs!
48. I gave birth to 2 of my kids with NO pain medication of any kind. It was really hard, and really worth it.
49. I love all kinds of music, but my favorite musician of all time is James Taylor.
50. My first concert was Bell Biv Devoe. Don't judge me.
51. I hate tin foil. I can't stand when it rubs together. UGH!
52. I can't sleep if Kyle is touching me. I need my space and my 3 pillows.
53. I love small town livin'.
54. I love a bargain. The D.I. is heaven to me. I could (and do) spend hours in there. The D.I. is Bountiful, Utah is the best.
55. I have been serving in the Primary for 12 out of the last 13 years. I must not have learned what I need too yet.
56. I like talking on the phone. I feel like I get more accomplished when I am on the phone.
57. I MUST nap on Sundays.
58. I had braces for a very long time. I got them on in high school and I still had my bottom braces on when Ansley was born.
59. I cannot go to sleep when Kyle is not home until I have checked every door and window in the house. Even when I know they are all locked, I will go over them in my mind to make sure I didn't miss anything.
60. I pay all the bills. Kyle never has and he never will. I need control.
61. I never want to move. I want my kids to have a hometown, where their parents always live and they can come home to.
62. I want to have more patience with my kids and husband.
63. I love seafood. Once a year, Kyle and I go to the seafood buffet and the Rio Hotel and Casino and eat ourselves sick. I eat lobster tails until I can eat no more and I have seen Kyle eat so much sushi that I was concerned for his intestinal health.
64. Kyle does more laundry than I do. I hate laundry.
65. I am pretty good at Guitar Hero. It is the only video game I will play.
66. I have always wished I had a twin. I just think that would be great.
67. I never take prescription pain medication. I am afraid I will become addicted to it.
68. On Sunday evenings, I love to sit on the front porch with Kyle, watch the kids play in the yard, and visit with the neighbors.
69. I am very sarcastic. I know that comes as no surprise to anyone reading this.
70. I refuse to take all 5 kids with me to the grocery store. 3 is my limit.
71. I want to learn how to can.
72. I don't like birds. They creep me out. At a hotel we stayed at in Hawaii, there we these huge exotic birds in the lobby. We had to walk past them to get to our room and I would run past them. Birds know too much.
73. I have been run over by a truck. When I was 14, my 16 year old brother accidentally ran me over.
74. I want to serve a mission (or 2 or 3) with my husband after he retires.
75. I hate to be pinned down. Kyle thinks it is really funny to hold me down, but I FREAK out.
76. I am claustrophobic.
77. I hold my breath when yucky people are near me because I don't want to smell them.
78. I am friends with one of my high school teachers and I visit him every couple of years.
79. Strong smells give me a headache. I hate air fresheners, especially in cars.
80. I am supposed to wear glasses. I have them, I just never wear them. I have adjusted to not being able to see more than 5 feet in front of me. Why rock the boat?
81. I refuse to go to the doctor...unless I am pregnant or deathly ill. I don't hate the doctor, it's just that ignorance is bliss.
82. I miss living in Utah. I miss the seasons and the mountains.
83. I was very shy when I was a child. I was afraid of my own shadow.
84. I love long, hot bathes. Especially when I am pregnant. I have been known to fall asleep in the bathtub.
85. This is going to shock a lot of people who live here but...I don't like the fair. It is hot, dusty, scary (the carnival workers are possessed by the devil and those rickety rides...help), and too expensive (we could go to Disneyland with what we end up spending on the fair). Sorry to all who love it and volunteer. We still go, I just don't want to.
86. I have bad posture.
87. I cannot sleep if my feet are under the covers or if I am wearing socks.
88. I had never touched a gun until I met Kyle. Now, I am a pro (not really...I just know enough to be very dangerous).
89. My husband says I have a Colorado accent. He thinks I say works like "ridge" wrong.
90. When I was 12 or 13, I worked as the mascot for an Arctic Circle. I would wear the "Artie" or "Clyde" costume and hand out balloons to kids. It was miserable and I only did it for a few months. I am pretty sure that me working there was against child labor laws.
91. I won't go barefoot in a hotel or use to bedspread. When we get to a hotel, I immediately throw the bedspreads on the floor and spray down the hard surfaces with Lysol. I saw a "Dateline" that really freaked me out about hotels.
92. I have had eczema since I was a little girl. I can't use any lotions or soaps with colors or fragrance or my hands break out.
93. I am in love with Matthew McConaughey. I don't want to marry him or anything...I just want him to mow my lawn and bring me drinks and stuff.
94. When I was growing up, we went camping all the time. I loved that and I want to do more of that with my kids.
95. I know the words to A LOT of songs. I can't remember important things, but songs I can remember.
96. I am indecisive. I have a hard time making up my mind.
97. I am always late. It drives Kyle crazy because he is always early. I just underestimate how long it will take me to get places.
98. I hate my bedroom furniture. Kyle bought it from his Sgt. when she moved. It was new and he liked it. I can't wait to replace it.
99. I think I am a good friend. I rarely say no when someone asks me to do something for them. I like helping people, even if it is inconvenient for me.
100. This post took me too damn long.

I tag...anyone who wants to do this. Be forewarned, it is hard and it takes a long time(but it is fun).

7 comments:

Half a dozen Gregersens said...

Karrin you are so funny!!! If Matthew ever comes and moves your lawn when you are done with him will you send him my way.

Lauren said...

Hey! I want to be in on you Matthew McConaughey dream day! I would like my weeds pulled and a lemonade please!!!

Anonymous said...

You are very funny. I learned a lot! Do it again.... :)

Gerilyn said...

K- your cracking me up here Karrin! This post was so funny to read! I say the exact same thing about the boob job. I would be the one to die! Oh and Mathew...ya, Kyle and I have this thing where we ask each other if we were allowed to get one "freebie" and it would be ok with our spouse, who would it be? My answer everytime is Mathew McConaughey!

Vicki said...

I loved reading this post! You are hilarious!

Lisa said...

i can't believe you let out the d.i. secret. and i do have to say that there were a few (very few) that i actually did not know. very interesting & entertaining and no i will not be playing.

Brenda said...

That was AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing! Even a few memories in there! WOW! ;)