Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'M A little BLUE...


Because my BABY is 2.





On Sunday, we celebrated Claire's 2nd birthday. Bitter sweet. She is growing up so fast. She was thrilled with her presents and cake. She got a play kitchen and it has been a hit! She and Eli play with it all the time. She loves it. She also got some play food, dishes, and other stuff. She loved the cake and singing so much, that when we were done singing "happy birthday" to her, she wanted us to sing it again. So, we turned off the lights again and sang it a second time. Fitting for a second birthday.
We all love her so much and she is the constant center of attention...I don't know what we did before we had her. I wish she would just slow down this growing up stuff a little. She is talking up a storm and telling everyone what to do. She is definitely the boss in this house. We wouldn't have it any other way.
Some of Claire's favorites:
honey-nut Cheerios
watching Caillou and Signing Time
chasing the puppy
swinging
jumping on the trampoline
singing songs (especially "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Signing Time")
riding bikes with Eli
digging in the sand
her paci (pacifier) and wubbie (security blanket)
broccoli dipped in Ranch dressing
wearing everyone's shoes
looking at books
apple juice
talking on the phone
Some of Claire's not-so-favorites:
riding in the car
food that isn't seperated on her plate
crust on her bread
coming inside (from playing outside)
when I try to help her eat something (she wants to do it herself)
nursery (she is getting a little better about it)
sharing
getting dressed
when dad rubs his whiskers on her cheeks
Happy Birthday Claire!!! We love you!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

too adorable. she is so delighted. it's nice when you get a gift so right, isn't it? she is so cute. looks like it's time for another!

Sherrie said...

I get blue too as my kids get older!!!! I agree with you they need to slow way down!!!!! I feel like my kids life is in fast forward and I want to rewind it!!!! Claire is so adorable!!! I love to watch her on sunday!!! She brings a smile ot my face!!!!

Lauren said...

Aw! Happy Birthday Claire!! You are getting too too big!!

Vicki said...

She is two already? Wow, time flies. Happy Birthday to your little lady!!

Gerilyn said...

I love this little girl! I hope she and Bella grow up to be great friends! Just think, not much longer and we can have play dates with them! Happy Birthday Claire!

Leslie said...

a new dog, eh? good for you! :)
happy birthday to claire. i can't believe she is two.
aaron jr was two when aaron passed away. he seemed older than claire looks. what do i know though?
when are you guys coming up for another visit? don't you know it is your turn? :)