I. Love. You. I really, really do.
You have been there with me through thick and thin (literally). You have been there through all the important times in my life. You have seen me through 5 pregnancies (well, 4. When I was pregnant with Josh, you tasted like salty metal). You are there to wake me up in the morning and there to put me to bed each night. You make me smile. You make me happy. You calm my nerves every Sunday after 3 hours of wrangling kids. You are my drug of choice. You give the oomph! I need to make it through each day. I. Love. You.
My dear friend, as much as I hate to say it...it is time we parted ways. It brings me to my knees to even think about it. But, we are in a recession for Pete's sake! The $100+ a month I spend on you needs to go into the piggy bank. Plus, doctors say your delicious sugar-free sweetener could give me cancer...can you believe the nerve of them? I know it can't be true, but for my kids' sake, I need to think about these sorts of things.
So, thanks for the past 18 years. They have been wonderful. Every time I take a road trip or pass Wally's, I will think of you. I have replaced you with water...it is free. It is a mediocre replacement, but it will have to do. I know I will probably fall off the wagon and give into your devilish goodness, but I mean it this time...I am giving you up! I will miss you, but it is for the best.
Love,
Karrin
P.S.
If and when we pull out of this recession and I can justify wasting money on you...we will hook up! I will dream of it.





7 comments:
Good for you!
Dustin just gave up Coke a few month ago.. hard but worth the extra bucks. Good luck. I hope you don't get caffine head aches!
WHAT?!?! Have you totally gone insane?!? WOW! I totally look up to you. I am not ready to make that kind of commitment. I know I should, but it is my saving grace right now. Maybe someday. mmmmm.....I love my Diet Coke. Good for you though, and I wish you all the luck and will power. Keep us updated.
P.S...good luck with that water thing. hahahaha!
i'm so happy to have you step away from the dark side. welcome to the glorious, wonderful, cool, clear, free, pure world of WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm proud of you!
So funny! Love this post. Good luck. (I laughed at your doughnut comment, Sunday... I'm not usually a big fan, but I really really wanted two!)
Aahh...good luck with that! This post was so funny!
I needed a laugh today!!!!! Thanks!!! Maybe you should hang this post on your fridge so you see it each day!!
hallelujah! good for you.
soda is so horrible. :)
i am still laughing about your letter to diet pepsi. that has to be one of the funniest things i have seen this week. thank you for making me laugh... and on a serious note... for real, that is a wonderful thing to give up. congrats and good luck to you.
Post a Comment