Saturday, September 8, 2007


School Days...School Days...
School has started again. Where did the summer go? There were so many things we wanted to do and see, but there just wasn't enough time. Maybe next summer. I miss them when they are at school, but I also enjoy being able to catch up on everything I ignored over the summer!

Ansley and Lauren on the front porch. Ans started middle school this year and her bus leaves an hour and a half before the boys, so she walks to the bus with Lauren. On the first day, I had to take them because the Dance Team had to perform at the back to school assembly. That is why Ansley is wearing dance clothes (she changed into her "new first day of school clothes" after the assembly). She is also carrying her viola because she is in orchestra this year. She is excited about playing the viola like her dad. I can't believe she is in middle school. Where have the past 11 years gone? We are so proud of the young lady she has become. She is such a great daughter, sister, student and friend.




The dance team waiting in the wings for their turn to perform.



Nate and Josh at school. All smiles! Josh started 1st grade and he loves it. His teacher is Mrs. Wilson and he really likes her. He was so excited to eat lunch at school. It has been a transition though. He has never had to get up early in his life (he had afternoon kindergarten)and he is not a huge fan of it. It takes him some time to wake up and get going. I miss having him home for lunch, but I am getting used to it and I have Eli to eat with. Nate is in 4th grade and he has the same teacher that Ansley had in 4th grade, Mrs. Newman (for those Seinfeld fans: when we speak her name, we say it the same way that Jerry said his neighbor's name..."Hello, Newman"). He was a little anxious because he didn't have any good friend in his class, but he can make friends with anyone and has. He has already done a book report because he volunteered to do it! I hope he keeps this enthusiasm he has for school.


The boys waiting for school to start. Notice the lovely overcast sky. What a relief...for one day anyway.


The neighborhood kids waiting for the bus.


This picture absolutely kills me!! Poor Eli watching everyone get on the us...everyone but him. He wants to go to school so bad. He tells me everyday that he is 5 now so he can go to school. Bless his little heart. The first day of school, we got everyone off to school and then I fed Eli breakfast. He was sitting at the table eating and said to me, "Mom, come sit by me, I am all alone." So sad. He sure misses them all day. It is going to be a long couple of years until he starts school!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

i have tried to comment on this posting several times. i don't know what goes wrong. cute kids. sad story about eli. lauren & ansley look so much alike still. of course i am partial to ansley! cute nate & josh. fun school days.