Sick of being sick...
I don't know about anyone else, but I have had it with the cold and flu season. I don't think we have gone a week in the past 3 months without someone being sick. Last week, Eli got deathly ill almost overnight and it turns out he had Strep. I was then paranoid that everyone would get it, but no one else has, but everyone is SICK! Josh has had a fever and cough off and on for a week. Claire was at the doctor on Wed. and she has an ear infection and is requiring Albuterol nebulization (fancy doctor talk) for her respiratory infection (she is wheezing a lot). Eli was on an antibiotic for Strep that seemed to clear it up, but has done nothing for his horrific cough that keeps him up all night. Nate is coughing his guts out all night and has been complaining about his throat today. Ansley had 2 dance team performances today and when I went to pick her up, I could tell something was wrong...she feels like crap and her throat hurts. Lovely. Our doctor told us when we took Eli in last week that the flu (Influenza) is really bad right now in our area. Maybe we can all get that next. Hooray!
Kyle and Eli crashed in the recliner. Eli was really sick. He had a high fever (notice the flush cheeks) and could only sleep sitting up because of his cough. Kyle would sleep holding him until 3am or so and then prop him up on the couch to sleep the rest of the night. It was a long couple of nights and it looks like we aren't out of the woods yet. His cough is back and I can hear him coughing in his bed right now.




1 comments:
oh goodness. poor little guy.
i have an inhaler with that albuterol in it. does it make him shaky and lightheaded? it makes me shaky and lightheaded.
i hope he gets feeling better. i hope your whole family gets feeling better and stays feeling better.
Post a Comment