Friday, February 22, 2008

Thank goodness that is over!!!

Who would have thought that roofing would be so hard? It stinks!!! We paid some company to "load" the roof with the tiles, so all we had to do is lay them in place. Simple enough. Kyle and Tuna spent a day working on it and were able to lay one side. Kyle was very sore from bending over laying tile at a wierd angle for hours. He decided not to get back on the roof for a few days. The next week, Kyle decided he could finish the roof himself. The kids were off of school for President's Day and wanted to help. I wouldn't have let them anywhere near the roof, but by the time I realized what was happening, 4 of the 5 kids were on the roof!! Kyle insisted that it was perfectly safe, but I kept imagining one of them slipping off. I had to go in the house...I couldn't handle the stress. Kyle realized that since the kids are shorter, it would be easier for them to lay the tiles, so he put them to work. They formed a little assembly line and helped finish most of the other side. The cheapest labor we have ever used! They did a great job and weren't scared at all. Eli got down after about 20 minutes, but the other 3 stayed up until the job was done...which was most of their day off of school. Thanks kids! The next day, Kyle and I finished it all up. We finished the ridge piece and laying a small area of tile. It is not fun work. When we finally got it all down, Kyle said he wouldn't be getting on that roof every again!! Did I mention that roofing is NOT fun? It isn't.



The work crew. Very cheap labor.


Gulp. I could just imagine one of the neighbors calling the police on us for child endangerment.


The finished product. Each tile placed with love!


More of the finished product. Now...we move on to concrete.

Construction RULES!

P.S. Thanks to my best friend, Lisa for the new blog format. She has become somewhat of a guru with photoshop and editing html. Thanks again!!

1 comments:

Leslie said...

i really love the new background. it is so cute.
that looks like it was quite the huge job. glad it is over.