Thursday, January 29, 2009

GOOD NEWS!

We got some great news this week.

No...I am not pregnant...I know what you were all thinking...I am not a machine!!!

Anyway, we took Claire to the hematologist this week and after a miserable 3 hour doctor visit and a blood draw, Dr. B told us that he is so happy with how she has done the past couple of months, that we don't have to go back to see him for 3 MONTHS! 3 months with no visits to Las Vegas and no blood draws!!! Yipee! We are so happy. Claire has become a regular pin cushion since August. I am so glad she gets 3 months off. We still have to be careful and watch her closely for bruising, but for now she is off the hook!

This visit was a tough one. It was long and Claire was miserable, but while we were waiting, I chatted with a mom in the waiting room. She was there with her 6 year old daughter who was diagnosed with a brain tumor when she 1. After several different treatments, her daughter went into remission. But now, the cancer is back. As I sat there listening to her story, I said a silent prayer to thank my Heavenly Father that all Claire has is a blood disorder...just a blood disorder. It is scary and inconvenient, but Claire is healthy and happy and growing. ITP seems so minor when compared with what some parents and kids are going through. Perspective. We are blessed and my prayers will be with that little girl and her family.

6 comments:

Half a dozen Gregersens said...

That is AWESOME news! I am so happy for you and mostly for little Claire. It is amazing what the power of everyones prayers can do. We will keep that little girl and her family in our prayers as well.

Lauren said...

I'm glad for the update! I was watching her run around at church on Sunday and was wondering how she was. I'm glad she gets some time off!!

Gerilyn said...

Oh I am so happy for you guys! I just love that little girl. It makes me so sad that she has gone through this. I guess meeting that mom and her little girl puts things into perspective though. That breaks my heart

Vicki said...

That is good news for you. That is so sad about the girl and her mother, that would be so hard to go through.

Brenda said...

Oh GREAT news!! Yeah...happiness! it was great to visit with you in St. George last week! Your so very awesome!
:)

Lisa said...

heavenly father has a way of doing that. putting things in perspective. it's our job to pick up on the message. glad to hear the good news.