Thursday, January 22, 2009

IT'S ABOUT TIME...


CHRISTMAS! I apologize to all our extended family and far-away friends who have been requesting pictures from the Christmas season. I am just getting around to it. It feels like Christmas was months ago. O well. Here it is.

We had a wonderful and busy Christmas. Here is the run down.

1st...Claire in her Christmas dress. Precious. She looked so grown up.





2nd...Ansley's orchestra Christmas concert. It was very nice. They have improved so much since last year. It was actually an enjoyable concert.



Ansley and her orchestra posse.

3rd...Annual visit from Santa/Tuna. Kyle's friend Tuna is a great Santa, but it is starting to confuse our kids. When Eli wanted something at the store that I wouldn't buy him, he would say, "I am going to ask Tuna to bring me that for Christmas." We are grateful to Tuna for making house calls. I would die if we had to take all 5 kids to a mall or something to see Santa. This year, we had our friends, the Whitmore's over too. Tuna was able to take pics with all 10 kids and then even made an appearance at a neighborhood hayride/caroling party that happened to be passing by our house when he was leaving. Thanks again, Santa/Tuna.

Eli saw Santa giving all the kids candy canes, so he went and got a piece of his gum to give to Santa. What a cute kid!

Claire was thrilled with Santa (notice the tears and snot). After Tuna took off the beard, she warmed up to him. She knew it was Tuna because of his voice, but she did NOT like the costume.

Our kids (5), the Whitmore's (5) and Tuna's kids (2). Quite a group!

4th...Christmas Eve. We had a very nice Christmas Eve. Kyle made his famous potato-cheese-bacon soup. It was yummy! We had our neighbors, the Sandusky's and the Whitmore's over for dinner. It was fun to sit and visit while the kids played. Good food and good company. Didn't get any pictures at dinner. O well. After dinner, the kids got to open one gift...pajamas! And then we settled down to watch The Nativity DVD that is produced by the Church. After the DVD and putting out brownies for Santa, all the kids gathered their pillows and blankets and crashed on the floor in our room. We have made them do this since Ans and Nate were little. It guarantees that no one will get up before everyone else and peek at what Santa left. I think they secretly like all sleeping together.

5th...Christmas Day! We woke up early and opened gifts. The kids were happy with all they got. It was a very nice and lazy day. We hung out in our pajamas, snacked, played the new Wii, and enjoyed being together. It was lovely.

The tree on Christmas morning...with all the loot.

Eli with the trucks and trailers that Santa brought him. It was all he wanted and all he cared about. He was in Eli-heaven.


Josh and the X-Box game he really wanted. It is soccer. Kyle was not thrilled about buying this game for him. He says soccer is for girls... real men play football. All I have to say to that is...David Beckham.

Kyle cuddling up with the Chargers blanket that the kids made him. It is a good thing the kids made that blanket...Kyle needed something to wipe his tears with 2 weeks ago when the Steelers massacred the Chargers. That is all I will say about that.

Ansley thrilled about her Jonas Brothers official tour book (or something like that). Good grief.

Claire opening a present as big as she is.

Claire feeding her new baby. She has been completely obsessed with this baby and it's accessories since Christmas. It was a great purchase. Man, she is cute!!!

Nate...very happy about getting his IPod. I love this reaction and I love that I caught it!

Later in the day....Claire was missing and I found her under the table like this. She had gnawed through the plastic candy cane to reach the chocolate and was having her fill. A girl after my own heart.
We had a great Christmas. We missed our family and friends that are far away, but maybe we can talk some of them in to coming to Christmas at our house next year...hint, hint.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

great pictures. it looks like a happy christmas for all. claire in her christmas dress is just too adorable. and that josh...my heart just melts when i see that kid. i swear he & my twins were supposed to be triplets.

Lisa said...

we miss you & ansley around here. ansley is like a rock star. thanks for coming...it was a blast.

Jenna said...

Your right, it is about time!! I have checked your blog often for christmas pics! They were cute. Glad you had a good christmas. Loved Clare's christmas too. That is one reason I wish I had a girl....to put those dang cute christmas and easter dresses on! Dang it! Anyway, thank you for your comments about Mason...I appreciated it. It helps knowing we have so much support!
P.S. Sorry your chargers lost:( What a bust.

Jenna said...

I loved Clare's christmas DRESS!! I left Dress out. I hate it when I do that.

Lauren said...

Looks like a great Christmas!!
Love Claire's dress and baby and all the kids' fun new things!
OH.. and my heart skipped a beat at the mention of David Beckham!

Vicki said...

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!! I love the pictures!

Gerilyn said...

Karrin, your blogs crack me up! Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas. I keep forgetting to thank you for sending Santa out while we were caroling. How perfect was that? My kids wanted to know why Santa was at your house and I told them that your kids must have been nicer this year than mine. They didn't like that too much! By the way, tell Kyle last time I checked, David Beckam was definitely a real man!